- Elderberry: Elderberry exhibits possible antibacterial and antiviral properties. In a 2004 study published in the Journal of International Medical Research, researchers examined the effect of elderberry extract on the influenza virus in humans (2). Sixty patients with flu-like symptoms were given either a placebo or elderberry extract within 48 hours of developing symptoms. On average, those in the elderberry group were sick for four fewer days than those in the placebo group.
- Andrographis: Researchers have found that compounds within Andrographis might enhance immune function (3). Studies suggest that Andrographis exhibits immune-stimulating properties, so it might support a strong immune response against illness (4).
- Spirulina: In human studies, studies suggest that spirulina has demonstrated an immune-boosting effect in patients with allergies, hepatitis C, HIV, and even in healthy athletes (6,7,8,9,10).
- Garlic: Researchers from the United Kingdom published a study in Advances in Therapy that examined the effect of garlic on the common cold (12). One hundred forty-six participants took either a daily garlic supplement with 180 mg of allicin or a placebo for 12 weeks. Over the trial period, the participants who took garlic experienced significantly fewer cold episodes than those who took the placebo. Studies suggest that garlic appears to enhance immune system function by stimulating multiple types of immune cells and modulating immune activity(13).
- Vitamin C: You’re probably familiar with vitamin C seeing as it’s one of the most widely-used immune-boosting supplements. Studies suggest that its abundance of antioxidants is to thank for much of its positive impact on the immune system (14). Vitamin C stimulates immune cell production and overall immune function. One of the major impacts of vitamin C on the immune system is that it’s involved in the production of neutrophils. Neutrophils are immune cells that target viruses and bacteria (14).
- Vitamin D: Studies suggest that vitamin D regulates the expression of genes involved in our immune response (14). What’s interesting about vitamin D is that it modulates the immune system (14). In doing so, it both strengthens a weak immune system and protects the body against an overactive immune response (14). Multiple studies have found vitamin D supplementation to play a preventive role against respiratory infections caused by common viruses like influenza (15). The greatest benefits were seen when people supplemented with vitamin D daily before the onset of symptoms (15).
- Zinc: Zinc is a mineral often touted for its immune-boosting properties (14). The reason zinc is essential for immune health is that it plays a central role in cellular function and development (14). In multiple human studies, researchers have found daily zinc supplementation to boost the immune response of healthy elderly adults (14).
- Krawitz C, et al. 2011. Inhibitory activity of a standardized elderberry liquid extract against clinically-relevant human respiratory bacterial pathogens and influenza A and B viruses. BMC Complementary Medicine and Therapies. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3056848/
- Zakay-Rones Z, et al. 2004. Randomized study of the efficacy and safety of oral elderberry extract in the treatment of influenza A and B infections. Journal of International Medical Research. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15080016/
- Okhuarobo A, et al. 2014. Harnessing the medicinal properties of Andrographis paniculata for diseases and beyond: a review of its phytochemistry and pharmacology. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4032030/
- Gupta S, et al. 2016. Broad-spectrum Antiviral Properties of Andrographolide. Archives of Virology. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27896563/
- Garcia J, et al. 2017. Microalgae, old sustainable food and fashion nutraceuticals. Enzyme and Microbial Technology. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5609256/
- Karkos P.D., et al. 2011. Spirulina in Clinical Practice: Evidence-Based Human Applications. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136577/
- Mao T.K., 2005. Effects of a Spirulina-based Dietary Supplement on Cytokine Production From Allergic Rhinitis Patients. Journal of Medicinal Food. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15857205/
- Yakoot M, et al. 2012. Spirulina platensis versus silymarin in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus infection. A pilot randomized, comparative clinical trial. BMC Gastroenterology. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3353193/
- Juszkiewicz A, et al. 2018. An attempt to introduce immunomodulatory effect in rowers with spirulina extract. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4508814/
- Ngo-Matip M.E., et al. 2015. Impact of daily supplementation of Spirulina platensis on the immune system of naive HIV-1 patients in Cameroon: a 12-months single blind, randomized, multicenter trial. Nutrition Journal. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5819236/
- Schafer G, et al. 2014. The immunomodulation and anti-inflammatory effects of garlic organosulfur compounds in cancer chemoprevention. Anti-Cancer Agents in Medicinal Chemistry. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3915757/
- Josling, P. 2001. Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey. Advances in Therapy. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11697022/
- Lissiman E, 2014. Garlic for the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6465033/#CD006206-bbs2-0001
- Drake V, et al. 2015. Overview of the Immune System. Linus Pauling Institute. https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/health-disease/immunity
- Aponte, R. 2017. Vitamin D for prevention of respiratory tract infections. e-Library of Evidence for Nutrition Actions.
- Harvard Health Publishing. 2017. Taking too much vitamin D can cloud its benefits and create health risks. Harvard Women’s Health Watch. https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/taking-too-much-vitamin-d-can-cloud-its-benefits-and-create-health-risks
How To Use
For daily immune support, you can take 2-4 capsules per day with food. If you are fighting off a bug, you can take 4 capsules 2-3 times per day for optimal support with food. It’s best to take right at the beginning of symptoms even when you’re not quite sure if something is bugging you or not so that you shut it down.
The ImunOptimyze™ Difference
Co-Founder Dr. Julie Chen Speaks About ImunOptimyze™
ImunOptimyze™ was created to be your All-in-One daily supplement because you have enough stressors... your supplement regimen shouldn’t be one.
Achieve immune health* goals without needed multiple supplements.
Tailor made by physicians with a strong background in clinical research and over 10 years of supplement formulation experience. Formulated with the goal of excluding common allergens that are present in other immune supplements on the market. Always made with ingredients that have been extracted, blended, and packaged under the strictest quality control regulations.
Our physicians have seen how well it has helped others achieve their immune health* goals… and now we want to make it available for you in your quest for optimal immunity.
Reach out to us today to learn more about our story and our supplements.
Submit Your Google Review and Get 20% Off Your Next Purchase
Click HERE to Submit
(Once you've submitted your review on Google Business, we will receive email notifying us of your review submission. You will then receive an email with the 20% OFF discount code within 1-3 business days. Please contact customer service on our website if you do not receive your discount code. It's very importance to us to show our appreciation for your support!)
See What Others Are Saying About ImunOptimyze™
"Amazing Product! As an endurance athlete, my training routines are very taxing on my immune system. I've been searching for an all-in-one product since I have historically had to rely on multiple supplements. Since taking this product, I've been feeling great with excellent results in and out of training. Can't wait for my next race!"—TMG
"Where do I begin! This product is fantastic. Whenever I start to feel sick, I immediately start my regiment of ImunOptimyze. Then the miracle happens. I begin to feel better instantly. I can't brag enough about this product. Please give it a try and see for yourself how well you will feel."--S.G.
"I have been using ImunOptimyze for a while now. I use to not have any energy during the day and I use to get sick all the time but, since I used this product my energy/overall health had improved. This is an amazing product."--L.O.
This supplement is awesome! I take as soon as I’m feeling under the weather and within a day or two all my symptoms are gone. I swear by this and it is always in my travel bag. Do not leave home without it!!!"--B.H.
"When I first heard about ImunOptimyze I couldn't wait for it to become available so I could purchase it. I have known both physicians for years and they have each helped my family and myself immensely with our health and wellbeing. Because of this, I trusted purchasing this product over other immunity supplements available. When it arrived (quickly) it just so happened that my son, daughter, and myself were feeling a bit run down. (Both my children are teenagers and I made sure to ask prior to giving it to them.) It helped all of us! We all began taking it that evening and over the following couple of days. My daughter and myself noticed we had more energy the next day and by the following day we no longer had that nagging body feeling of getting sick. For my son, who had felt worse than the both of us, it took him a couple more days of taking it to feel completely better. I'm glad he took it because it stopped him from getting worse and over the course of using the supplements his energy and over all feeling of well-being improved. Thank you Wisdom In Wellness team!"--D.S.
“Since this crazy pandemic has started, I had been looking for an all in one supplement my husband and I can take to keep us healthy and strong. I was sick of taking a variety of supplements everyday not to mention it was very expensive to maintain. ImunOptimyze checked all the boxes for me and has become my everyday essential. It’s as important as my skin routine. I take 2 pills twice a day and up it to 3 before and during any trip. Thanks for keeping us healthy! Oh and love the little card that comes inside that gives you a little fun fact-so cute!”--C.N.
"We know the founder, a brilliant physician; Impeccable product, exquisite packaging; had no trouble with the manufacturer's delivery of product; great!"--V.H.
"I used the product; my experience, easy to take, no noticeable side-effect; supplement was well researched; fantastic!!"--D.C.
"It's a great all in one product and like that it's thought through by credible physicians. Especially during COVID, I think it's really helped keeping all small sniffles away."—KKS
"ImunOptimyze has boosted my overall energy and I feel less brain fog when I take it. I especially like to take it when I feel under the weather. It has been one of my to go to supplements during the pandemic and when I need to boost my immune system with natural ingredients. I am a health enthusiast and really pay attention to the ingredients of every single item I buy and what has drawn me to Wisdom In Wellness was all the herbs, minerals, vitamins, super foods such as Spirulina and all the good Stuff. So excited that I have found a plant based, Gluten free, non GMO natural supplement that works for me!!" Y.N.
"When I first heard about ImunOptimyze I couldn’t wait for it to become available so I could purchase it. I have known both physicians for years and they have each helped my family and myself immensely with our heath and wellbeing. Because of this, I trusted purchasing this product over other immunity supplements available. When it arrived (quickly) it just so happened that my son, daughter, and myself were feeling a bit run down. (Both my children are teenagers and I made sure to ask prior to giving it to them). It helped all of us! We all began taking it that evening and over the following couple of days. My daughter and myself noticed we had more energy the next day and by the following day we no longer had that nagging body feeling of getting sick. For my son, who had felt worse than the both of us, it took him a couple more days of taking it to feel completely better. I’m glad he took it because it stopped him from getting any worse and over the course of using the supplements his energy and over all feeling of well being improved. Thank you to the Wisdom In Wellness team!" D.S.
"We know the founder, a brilliant physician; Impeccable product, exquisite packaging; had no trouble with the manufacturer's delivery of product; great!" - V.H.
"I used the product; my experience, easy to take, no noticeable side-effect; supplement was well researched; fantastic!!" - D.C.
"When the pandemic happens I was looking for supplements to boost my immune system. After some research I found ImunOptimyze. What I love about this product is that is designed by a doctor, it's gluten free, non GMO and allergen free. After taking the products not even my immune system got stronger but my energy level boosted too. Since I've been taking Imunoptimyze , I have not been sick and that gives me a peace of mind since I am a working mom and can not afford to be sick. Imunoptimyze saved my life" - S.M.
"After moving cross country during a global pandemic, I was feeling tired and stressed, which is when I tend to get sick. I decided to try ImunOptimyze because Dr. Chen is the best at what shedoes, and I'm so glad I did! After 4 days taking ImunOptimyze I realized that I was waking up feeling more refreshed and had better energy throughout the day-and I made it thought the stressfull transition ofmoving without getting sick!" - S.C
“I have been using ImunOptimyze for over 2 years now. This supplement has really made a huge difference in how I feel. For years I’ve lived with an autoimmune disorder, Grave disease. I can honestly say that I can feel the difference when I have gone without them for a couple days; I’ve felt more tired, sluggish and just not as energetic. Most importantly, prior to taking this supplement I noticed I had more flare ups and would get sick more often. Having added ImunOptimyze to my supplement and meds routine, I haven’t gotten sick as much as I use to. After such great results and feeling at my best, I will not go without taking it daily.” -M.L.
“My husband and I received this immune supplement after weeks of battling colds, and other illnesses. We had been on and off of antibiotics, and taken many other things to try and curb our symptoms. Within a few days of taking the immunity supplement, we both experienced a drastic improvement in symptoms and overall health. We have continued to take this supplement as a defense mechanism, rather than just as a reactive response. With such great results we decided we will continually incorporate this as a daily ritual in our lives.” -C.B.
“I have tried many over the counter treatments for the common cold and flu-like symptoms, such as Vitamin C, Zinc, and other remedies. At the onset of my sickness, I advised Dr. Chen that I wasn't feeling well. She suggested this product. Within a matter of hours after taking this immunity boost supplement, I began to feel 25% healthier. Within two days, I felt 100% well. I highly recommend this supplement, as I keep it on hand as needed. The minute I feel anything coming on, I start this supplement immediately. “ -S.G.
“I have been using this product on and off for several years. I usually take it when I start feeling a cold coming on and it seems to help me get through it faster with less severe symptoms. I definitely would recommend it.” -D.M.
“I have been taking ImunOptimyze at the lower dosage daily for cold prevention and I’m getting way less frequent colds. If I do feel something coming on like a slight sore throat or something, then I’ll take the full optimal dosage and by the next morning, my symptoms are usually gone and I’m back to normal. It’s definitely better to take right at the beginning to avoid the cold from even getting to full blown stage, but if I don’t catch it fast enough and I get the cold, it definitely helps me get over it faster and the symptoms aren’t as bad. I first started trying this based on a friend’s recommendation, but now I get panicked if I start to run out of them so I usually have a few bottles stocked just in case. It’s been a life changer, I’d definitely recommend it.” -P.T.
“I have an autoimmune disease and at first I was worried about using an immune supplement, worried it might flare my rheumatoid arthritis but it worked really well and my disease is stable on it. I used to get sick not too often, but when I did get sick, it would take me weeks to get over the cold. Now with this product, as long as I take it right at the beginning where I think I might be getting a cold, then I don’t actually get the cold. It’s been such a life saver. The nice thing is that if I’m not sure it’s a cold and it might just be allergies, I can still take 4 capsules just in case. Either way, by the next morning, those problem symptoms are gone. If I do get a cold though, it’s not as bad and doesn’t last as long. The only two things I’d have to say to watch out for is that it’s strong I think so I make sure to take it with food and not empty stomach or sometimes I’ll feel slightly nauseated if I take on empty stomach. If I take with food, I’m never nauseated. The other thing is that I take magnesium sometimes for constipation so if I take this, I skip the magnesium since this will do the trick of helping with constipation too, so if you have diarrhea issues though, don’t take magnesium with it or take lower dosage I’d say. These are minor issues though I feel like because it’s not any major gut issues and it’s been so incredibly helpful with my immune needs that to me it’s totally worth it. I’d definitely recommend it.” -T.C.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How often should I take this?
For daily immune support, you can take 2-4 capsules per day. If you are in need of optimal support or if you are fighting off a bug, you can take 4 capsules 2-3 times per day for optimal support. It’s best to take right at the beginning of symptoms even when you’re not quite sure if something is bugging you or not so that you shut it down. It’s also fine to use with allergy symptoms so if you’re not sure if it’s allergies or a bug, this is still good to use at beginning of symptoms to ensure that it shuts down any questionable symptoms or bugs.
Should I take this with food?
You should take this with food or at least not on empty stomach so if you ate an hour ago, it should be fine. But if you haven’t eaten for 3-4 hours, you might want to take it with food. It’s strong herbs to help you support your immune goals so taking it with food is preferred.
Can I take it with my prescription or over the counter medications at the same time?
It’s better if you follow this general rule with supplements and medications, you should always try to take supplements at least 2 hours apart from your medications to ensure that both your medications and your supplements are both able to help you most optimally.
What are the most common possible side effects to watch out for?
Because these are strong herbs to help support your health goals, if you take it on empty stomach and haven’t eaten for a while, you might feel slightly nauseous or slight stomach upset. Vomiting is very rare. Pain typically never occurs, that’s not usual. Another common situation is that it may loosen stools slightly so if you are prone to diarrhea, make sure not to take these with magnesium as well since magnesium also can cause loose stools. If you have constipation and are on laxatives, this might help with the constipation so you might want to adjust your laxative dosage accordingly based on your stool quality and symptoms. Usually if you take these in divided dosage so that it’s 2-4 capsules 2-3 times per day instead of full dosage all at once, that should help to prevent these issues.
Who shouldn’t take this supplement?
For those people on blood-thinning medications or if someone has active cancer undergoing active therapy or pregnant women or women who are nursing or children under 18 years of age, you need to clear this supplement with your doctor before using since this product was not intended for use by these populations of people without medical guidance.
When do the supplements expire?
Expiration date should be on bottle.
If seal on bottle is broken, can I still take it?
If seal on bottle is broken, do not take the supplement and contact us to get you replacement.
Do I still take this if I’m on viral medication or antibiotic therapy for infections?
If you have an actual infection, contact your doctor for treatment. If your doctor puts you on treatment medication, you can still take these but clear with your doctor and take it 2-3 hours apart from your medications. If you are doing well, you can lower dosage to 2-4 capsules per day to help maintain support of immune health. If you need more help with immune support, then can use 4 capsules 2-3 times per day if your doctor is fine with that while you are on the medication he/she gave you.
Can I take only this and not see my doctor if I think I have an infection?
If you have an infection or you think you do, you still need to see your doctor for evaluation. This does not replace actual medical care from a doctor. This is meant to help support your immune goals daily as well as added support if you are in need of it. Ultimately, our goal is to help you stay well enough to avoid those visits but if you do have infection symptoms, then a doctor’s visit is still something you need to pursue.
What do I do if I have a reaction that I’m not sure it’s coming from this product or not?
If you are new to the product and you are not sure if you’re having a reaction to the product, stop taking the product and see if that reaction is gone or better. If it is, stay off until you talk to your doctor. If it is not better, then you should see your doctor about the symptom since it may not be related. If it’s not related, then you may go back to taking this product once you’re feeling back at baseline again.
What does Prop 65 label on my product mean?
Prop 65 label on products are only for products shipping to California.
FDA’s regulation of compounds that are frequently found in herbal supplements are already strict in order to keep levels safe in products. But in California, the requirements are even more strict than that and require much lower dosages, even lower than FDA and if a product has more than that but is under the FDA dosage recommendation, those products still are required to have the Prop 65 label on the products.
Prop 65 stands for Proposition 65 and that was a law passed by California to notify when ingredients might contain slightly higher levels of certain compounds that may occur in herbal ingredients. All products in the USA have to be under a safety level that is determined by FDA to be safe if it’s under that level, but California is the only state that requires an even lower level than FDA and it requires a label on products that may have levels above California’s requirement.
Most herbal products of any kind at the therapeutic dosages have some traces of these compounds so most herbal products shipping into California will have the Prop 65 label on the product bottle. Products with the Prop 65 label still are safe under the FDA safety recommended levels of these compounds; this is required to be manufactured in USA with good manufacturing practices guideline. Prop 65 products are still in the safe range according to the FDA safety recommended levels.